Re: Display of timestamp in pg_dump custom format

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: Display of timestamp in pg_dump custom format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/09/14 08:13, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, May  1, 2014 at 12:09:34PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> So the it would then read something like:
>>>
>>>          ; Archive created at Wed 2014-04-30 10:03:28.042 NZST
>>>
>>> (but with the correct appropriate time zone designation)?
>> I think we would use a numeric offset.
> I ended up going with the string-based timezone as I was worried that
> the sign of the timezone could easily confuse people because the SQL
> timezone offset sign is often different from the OS timezone.  The new
> output is:
>
>     ;
>     ; Archive created at Wed Sep  3 16:12:21 2014 EST   <--
>     ;     dbname: test
>     ;     TOC Entries: 8
>     ;     Compression: -1
>     ;     Dump Version: 1.12-0
>     ;     Format: CUSTOM
>     ;     Integer: 4 bytes
>     ;     Offset: 8 bytes
>     ;     Dumped from database version: 9.5devel
>     ;     Dumped by pg_dump version: 9.5devel
>
> Patch attached.

I would prefer the date in a sane numeric format to the left of the time
(similar to what I suggested above), easier to sort (if a sort is
required) - it is also easier to use regular expressions to select
statement in an arbitrary date/time range.

I don't always know in advance that I need to debug something, so I tend
to try and ensure that the relevant data is easy to find, even when I
currently don't expect ever to do so.  This is a lesson that I have
learnt from over 40 years of commercial programming experience using a
variety of languages on a wide range of platforms.

Most likely, I will never need to worry about the precise format of
Archive statement output, but ...

Cheers,
Gavin

От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered