Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep  3, 2014 at 05:12:30PM -0600, Noah Yetter wrote:
> I'm not sure it's fixed.  I am attempting a pg_upgrade from 9.2.8 to 9.3.5 and
> it dies like so:
>
> (...many relations restoring successfully snipped...)
> pg_restore: creating SEQUENCE address_address_id_seq
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1410; 1259 17670 SEQUENCE
> address_address_id_seq javaprod
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  could not create
> file "base/16414/17670": File exists
>
> Inspecting a copy of the source cluster, OID 17670 does indeed correspond to
> address_address_id_seq, but inspecting the partially-upgraded cluster that OID
> is taken by pg_toast_202359_index.  Again conferring with a copy of the source
> (9.2.8) cluster, the relation corresponding to filenode 202359 does not have a
> toast table.
>
> (I know pg-hackers isn't the right place to discuss admin issues, but this
> thread is the only evidence of this bug I can find.  If anyone can suggest a
> workaround I would be infinitely grateful.)

Actually, there was a pg_upgrade fix _after_ the release of 9.3.5 which
explains this failure:
commit 4c6780fd17aa43ed6362aa682499cc2f9712cc8bAuthor: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>Date:   Thu Aug 7 14:56:13 2014
-0400   pg_upgrade: prevent oid conflicts with new-cluster TOAST tables    Previously, TOAST tables only required in
thenew cluster could cause    oid conflicts if they were auto-numbered and a later conflicting oid had    to be
assigned.   Backpatch through 9.3

Any chance you can download the 9.3.X source tree and try that?  You
need an entire install, not just a new pg_upgrade binary.  I am
disapointed I could not fix this before 9.3.5 was released.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +