Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
On 08/20/2014 04:22 AM, Jeff Frost wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2014, at 9:38 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
>> I haven't done a test build yet, but perhaps that dependency can just be
>> replaced with libuuid from e2fsprogs-libs and an appropriate
>> package-level dependency. Sure, it's a weird dependency, but it saves
>> depending on EPEL for this.
>
> I think we've always had a soft dependency on EPEL.  I thought it was mentioned on the site, but now I don't see it,
somaybe I'm wrong.

It's unfortunate that all of -contrib depends on that just for uuid;
it'd be IMO much better to have separate:

   postgresql94-contrib
   postgresql94-contrib-uuid

if the dependency is needed.

Also, the dependency is undeclared and added by rpm's find-deps. There's
no explicit RPM-level dependency, just a shared object dependency. So at
least some users will have no idea how to find this "libossp-uuid.so.15"
that we require.

Anyway - looks like it can be avoided for 9.4 now, even on old RHEL.