Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
On Aug 19, 2014, at 9:38 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:

> On 08/19/2014 11:50 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> The package  postgresql94-contrib-9.4beta2-1PGDG.rhel5.i386 is broken;
>> it has an undeclared dependency on  libossp-uuid.so.15 that cannot be
>> satisfied without enabling EPEL, which PGDG doesn't depend on.
>>
>> Error: Package: postgresql94-contrib-9.4beta2-1PGDG.rhel5.i386 (pgdg94)
>>           Requires: libossp-uuid.so.15
>>
>> UUID support should be disabled, or libossp-uuid should be included in
>> pgdg for RHEL5 and declared as a dependency in the package. The current
>> situation is broken.
>
> Andres points out offlist that contrib/uuid no longer requires ossp-uuid
> in 9.4 anyway; libuuid may be used.
>
> In old releases that was part of e2fsprogs . In RHEL5 it appears in
> e2fsprogs-libs .
>
> I haven't done a test build yet, but perhaps that dependency can just be
> replaced with libuuid from e2fsprogs-libs and an appropriate
> package-level dependency. Sure, it's a weird dependency, but it saves
> depending on EPEL for this.

I think we've always had a soft dependency on EPEL.  I thought it was mentioned on the site, but now I don't see it, so
maybeI'm wrong.

Hopefully Devrim will get back to a keyboard soon as I'm about to head to the airport and will have to follow up on
thisnext week.