Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Wed, 2014-08-20 at 09:58 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> It's unfortunate that all of -contrib depends on that just for uuid;
> it'd be IMO much better to have separate:
>
>    postgresql94-contrib
>    postgresql94-contrib-uuid
>
> if the dependency is needed.

That has been discussed before, but I personally do not want to split
the packages more.

> Also, the dependency is undeclared and added by rpm's find-deps.

We can fix it by adding a Requires: line.

>  There's no explicit RPM-level dependency, just a shared object
> dependency. So at least some users will have no idea how to find this
> "libossp-uuid.so.15" that we require.

Right. Let's fix it in the next set of releases.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Вложения