accidental drop table recoverable?

От Paul Libbrecht
Тема accidental drop table recoverable?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello fellow Postgres administrators,

right now we experienced the loss of backups (due to wrong
communication) and a list of accidental drop table statements (due to
wrong database choice).

We sure have clues how to avoid that in the future but right now we do
not seem to find the solution to actually rollback this accidental
drop table.

Having searched around, the only recipe I found was:
  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2004-12/msg00027.php
which is pretty convoluted but seems like it could do the job.

Now... is there a simpler way?
I seem to see a fixed set of files in data/base that seemed to have
been changed at the right time of the drop db... any chance to fiddle
with them?

thanks for hints.

paul

Вложения