Re: pg_recvlogical tests

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: pg_recvlogical tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15-05-2014 18:09, Andres Freund wrote:
> I have some preliminary tests for the pg_recvlogical binary using the
> infrastructure Peter added. I am wondering if somebody has a good idea
> about how to make the tests more meaningful. Currently all that's tested
> are simple commands. Not the main functionality namely the actual
> streaming of changes.

Could you post your preliminary patch?

> I wonder if somebody has a great idea for cancelling pg_recvlogical
> after a while. Right now my best idea is to add a new
> --stop-after-messages parameter. Does anybody have a better idea?

pgbench uses two stop conditions: (i) number of transactions and (ii)
time. These could be applied to pg_recvlogical too.

--transactions=NUM
--time=NUM

> If that's the way, would somebody object to tests and the parameter
> being added now? The potential harm seems pretty low and the additional
> tests would cover the walsender interface that's not covered by any
> tests right now...

beta is not the right time to add even a *minor* functionality. Let's do
it for 9.5.

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: CTE that result in repeated sorting of the data
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pg_recvlogical tests