pg_recvlogical tests

От Andres Freund
Тема pg_recvlogical tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have some preliminary tests for the pg_recvlogical binary using the
infrastructure Peter added. I am wondering if somebody has a good idea
about how to make the tests more meaningful. Currently all that's tested
are simple commands. Not the main functionality namely the actual
streaming of changes.
I wonder if somebody has a great idea for cancelling pg_recvlogical
after a while. Right now my best idea is to add a new
--stop-after-messages parameter. Does anybody have a better idea?

If that's the way, would somebody object to tests and the parameter
being added now? The potential harm seems pretty low and the additional
tests would cover the walsender interface that's not covered by any
tests right now...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services