Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.3 fails to load

От Bruce Peret
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.3 fails to load
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I just upgraded to 4.1.3 and am having the same issues. Windows 7 pro,
x64, Postgres 9.6.2. Prior version of pgadmin 4 worked OK. (I skipped
the 4.1.2 upgrade, using pgadmin 3 instead to do what I needed.)

Same error; various scripts fail to load. It seems to fail more often if
the system is busy with cpu or disk activity already going on.

Bruce Peret

On 3/26/2017 7:12 PM, Peter Johnson wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Just to follow up your previous advice: I have done a complete
> uninstall of the application, ensured
> the installation directory is removed, then re-installed. I tried
> starting & stopping pgAdmin 4 a few
> times before re-booting & then again after re-booting my system.
>
> In both cases, before & after re-booting, pgAdmin 4 loaded
> successfully about 50% of the time &
> didn't load in the other cases. In the unsuccessful load cases, most,
> but not all, times there was an error msg.
> "Error loading script". But the nominated script varied each time.
>
> Thanks for your continuing investigations.
>
> Kind regards,
> Peter Johnson
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Dave Page
> Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 9:29 PM
> To: Campbell, Lance
> Cc: Peter Johnson ; pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
> Subject: [in] Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 v1.3 fails to load
>
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Campbell, Lance <lance@illinois.edu>
> wrote:
>> Dave,
>> I did exactly what you said.  I totally delete the application.
>> Deleted all directories from the file system.  Then I reinstalled
>> it.  It hung on startup.  I then had to stop it via task manager.
>> Then I loaded it the second time.  It then ran.  The next time I
>> tried to start it the application hung.
>>
>> I have never ever had any issue with pgAdmin 3.  I don't have any of
>> these issues with pgAdmin4 v1.1 .
>
> I'm still struggling to reproduce the issues myself, but all the
> evidence suggests it was the move from QtWekKit to QtWebEngine that
> caused it (that happened in 1.2). We did that because of numerous
> other bugs in QtWebKit, and because QtWebKit has been deprecated and
> removed from current versions of Qt. Unfortunately it seems that
> whilst QtWebEngine solves the original problems, it has it's own set.
>
> We're currently trying a PoC with another option, as well as thinking
> through some other ideas...
>
> Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Сообщение: Re: Feedback on pgAdmin 'Create Server' workflow
Сообщение: Re: Feedback on pgAdmin 'Create Server' workflow