Обсуждение: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 v1.3 fails to load

[pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 v1.3 fails to load

От
"Peter Johnson"
Дата:
Hello,

At start up the program window opens & displays “Loading pgAdmin 4 v1.3”.

Case 1:
Sometimes displays error msg:
  error loading script /browser/role/module.js    Error msg: undefined
  or
  error loading script /debugger/js/direct    Error msg: undefined
and never completes loading

Case 2:
Sometimes does not display any error msg but never completes loading.

Case 3:
If I start the program with ‘Run as Administrator’, sometimes it completes loading OK & works fine,
other times I get Case 2 behaviour.

The debug log has repeated msgs:
[0322/131833:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(311)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

OS = Win 7   SP1 64 bit
desktop mode??  I’m running the downloaded executable
Steps required to reproduce the problem: run the pgAdmin 4 v1.3 executable.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to fix this issue.

Kind regards,
Peter Johnson

Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 v1.3 fails to load

От
"Campbell, Lance"

Peter,

Have you heard of any solution to this problem.  I have found pgAdmin 4 v1.3 is completely unusable on Windows 7 64 bit.  I have found that pgAdmin 4 v1.1 is stable.  I am currently using that version.  Do you think they are not testing at all on Windows 7 64 bit?  There website says it is available for Windows 7 (desktop).  I wonder if they have been testing it against Windows 10 but have not updated their web site.

Lance Campbell

University of Illinois

[...]

marcelo
Дата:
What is so important to switch from pgAdmin 3 to 4?
I'downloaded from sourceforge something called "pgAdmin3-portable" and it works ok on Win 8.1 64 bits (but as a 32 bit app, I think) and connects without trouble with a 9.4 backend running on Linux.

[...]

Дата:
Dave,
I did exactly what you said.  I totally delete the application.  Deleted all directories from the file system.  Then I
reinstalledit.  It hung on startup.  I then had to stop it via task manager.  Then I loaded it the second time.  It
thenran.  The next time I tried to start it the application hung.

I have never ever had any issue with pgAdmin 3.  I don't have any of these issues with pgAdmin4 v1.1 .

Lance

> Have you heard of any solution to this problem.  I have found pgAdmin
> 4 v1.3 is completely unusable on Windows 7 64 bit.  I have found that
> pgAdmin 4
> v1.1 is stable.  I am currently using that version.  Do you think they
> are not testing at all on Windows 7 64 bit?  There website says it is
> available for Windows 7 (desktop).  I wonder if they have been testing
> it against Windows 10 but have not updated their web site.

I test against both Windows 10 and 7, and occasionally 2012. As you can see from the attached screenshot, 1.3 works for
me.

I would suggest trying a complete uninstall of the application, ensure the installation directory is removed, then
re-install.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 v1.3 fails to load

От
"Campbell, Lance"

Marcelo,

I upgraded my PostgreSQL database from 9.5 to 9.6.  PGAdmin 3 will not work with PostgreSQL 9.6.

Lance

[...]

That is interesting.

If I edit that box it says:

C:\Program Files (x86)\pgAdmin III\1.22

I went into this folder and found that it only contains one backup version of pg_backup.exe.  It must be for PostgreSQL 9.5.x .  To test my theory I opened a command prompt and ran pg_dump.exe –version .  I got this as output: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.5.5 .

So I am going to guess that all I need to do is install PostgreSQL version 9.6 for windows on my local box.  Then point pgAdmin3 to the bin folder for 9.6.  Then when I connect to my linux server remotely it will work.

All of this worked.  I can now backup my PostgreSQL 9.6 database with pgAdmin 3.

Thanks for your help.

Lance