Re: How to take backup of a table on a different schema in PostgreSQL

От Glyn Astill
Тема Re: How to take backup of a table on a different schema in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

"geopostgrest"and under Schema named "1" (Not inside Public Schema) we need to take backup of table "activity"
>Please see the following:
>postgres=# \c geopostgrest
You are now connected to database "geopostgrest" as user "postgres".
geopostgrest=# \dt
No relations found.
geopostgrest=# \dt 1. List of relations Schema |          Name          | Type  |  Owner
--------+---------------------------------+-------+---------- 1    | activity                | table | postgres
>We tried the following command but its not working.
>pg_dump -U postgres -n1 -d geopostgrest -t activity  -f activity_05-08-2015.sql pg_dump: No matching tables were found

>We are using PostgreSQL 9.4.4 and Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
>Can any one please help us on it
>Thanks

If you take a peek at the man pages you'll see some thing like:

"The -n and -N switches have no effect when -t is used, because tables selected by -t will be dumped regardless of
thoseswitches, and non-table objects will not be dumped."

Try something like:

pg_dump -U postgres -t 1.activity -d geopostgrest  -f activity_05-08-2015.sql

От: James Sebastian
Сообщение: Postgres 9.1 - getting a continous archiving database to accept connections taking too long
От: "Geo P.C."
Сообщение: Re: How to take backup of a table on a different schema in PostgreSQL