Re: Error: pid file is invalid, please manually kill the stale server process.

От Theodotos Andreou
Тема Re: Error: pid file is invalid, please manually kill the stale server process.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Guy thanks for your replies.

You are right about the strange

I found the problem and is related to the peculiar setup we have on this
appliance. PGDATA exists on a mounted partition but we somehow managed
to create an older version of PGDATA under the mount point.

So sometimes postgres would load the data from the unmounted PGDATA and
sometimes from the mounted partition.

It' s a pretty unlikely scenario and I burned lots of braincells trying
to figure it out.

So not really a postgres problem but rather our peculiar setup.