Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement

От KONDO Mitsumasa
Тема Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Дата
Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement  (Rajeev rastogi <rajeev.rastogi@huawei.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
(2014/01/28 15:17), Rajeev rastogi wrote:

> On 27th January, Mitsumasa KONDO wrote:
>>> 2014-01-26 Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com
>>> <mailto:simon@2ndquadrant.com>>
>>>
>>>      On 21 January 2014 19:48, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com
>>>      <mailto:simon@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
>>>       > On 21 January 2014 12:54, KONDO Mitsumasa
>> <kondo.mitsumasa@lab.ntt.co.jp
>>>      <mailto:kondo.mitsumasa@lab.ntt.co.jp>> wrote:
>>>       >> Rebased patch is attached.
>>>       >
>>>       > Does this fix the Windows bug reported by Kumar on 20/11/2013 ?
>> Sorry, I was misunderstanding. First name of Mr. Rajeev Rastogi is
>> Kumar! I searched only e-mail address and title by his name...
>>
>> I don't have windows compiler enviroment, but attached patch might be
>> fixed.
>> Could I ask Mr. Rajeev Rastogi to test my patch again?
>
> I tried to test this but I could not apply the patch on latest git HEAD.
> This may be because of recent patch (related to pg_stat_statement only
> "pg_stat_statements external query text storage "), which got committed
> on 27th January.
Thank you for trying to test my patch. As you say, recently commit changes
pg_stat_statements.c a lot. So I have to revise my patch. Please wait for a while.

By the way, latest pg_stat_statement might affect performance in Windows system.
Because it uses fflush() system call every creating new entry in
pg_stat_statements, and it calls many fread() to warm file cache. It works well
in Linux system, but I'm not sure in Windows system. If you have time, could you
test it on your Windows system? If it affects perfomance a lot, we can still
change it.

Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: WIP patch (v2) for updatable security barrier views
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Infinite recursion in row-security based on updatable s.b. views