Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Дата
Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo.mitsumasa@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> By the way, latest pg_stat_statement might affect performance in Windows system.
> Because it uses fflush() system call every creating new entry in
> pg_stat_statements, and it calls many fread() to warm file cache.

This statement doesn't seem to have much to do with the patch as
committed.  There are no fflush calls, and no notion of warming the
file cache either.  We do assume that the OS is smart enough to keep
a frequently-read file in cache ... is Windows too stupid for that?