Re: pg_restore - table restoration

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_restore - table restoration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/14/2014 06:06 AM, Day, David wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> Thanks for confirming my observations.
>
> My hope was that I would be able to create one archive file with pg_dump -Fc,
> which at a future time could be used to do either a total restoration
> or partial restorations via options of pg_restore; ie. Not to have create
> addeded specialized pg_dump for each recovery case.
>
> I had as you suggested observed stdout of my test cases.

Actually my suggestion was to use -f which captures the restore into a
file. This creates something you can look at leisure:)

> a.) pg_restore -c -t tbl1 -t tbl2  archive_file
> There are no SQL CONSTRAINT or TRIGGER statements related to these
> 2 tables.
> When I add the "-d my_db" it confirms that table is restored,
> But with no constraints and no triggers.
>
> b.) pg_restore -c -v -a -t tbl2 -t tbl2 archive_file
> As previously noted I get verbose indication that the table data is being dropped.
> However there are no SQL commands that would cause that ( DELETE or TRUNCATE )

Yes, it is outputting dropping TABLE DATA, where TABLE DATA is a command
I am not familiar with and which does not show up in the dump file.

> The attempt ends up failing as the table ends up with duplicated data.
> This ( -a -c ) would be a nice combination of pg_restore as pg_dump as I recall
> does not allow for that combination.

 From what I see it does not actually 'drop' the table data, so you are
just doing a COPY over existing data.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: PG 924, Windows 2012, error code 487
Сообщение: Re: PG 924, Windows 2012, error code 487