Re: pg_restore - table restoration

От Day, David
Тема Re: pg_restore - table restoration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian,

Thanks for confirming my observations.

My hope was that I would be able to create one archive file with pg_dump -Fc,
which at a future time could be used to do either a total restoration
or partial restorations via options of pg_restore; ie. Not to have create
addeded specialized pg_dump for each recovery case.

I had as you suggested observed stdout of my test cases.

a.) pg_restore -c -t tbl1 -t tbl2  archive_file
There are no SQL CONSTRAINT or TRIGGER statements related to these
2 tables.
When I add the "-d my_db" it confirms that table is restored,
But with no constraints and no triggers.

b.) pg_restore -c -v -a -t tbl2 -t tbl2 archive_file
As previously noted I get verbose indication that the table data is being dropped.
However there are no SQL commands that would cause that ( DELETE or TRUNCATE )
The attempt ends up failing as the table ends up with duplicated data.
This ( -a -c ) would be a nice combination of pg_restore as pg_dump as I recall
does not allow for that combination.

Rgds

Dave