Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Re: Standalone synchronous master  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/13/14, 12:21 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> This is also how 2PC works, btw - the database provides the building
>>> blocks, i.e. PREPARE and COMMIT, and leaves it to a transaction manager
>>> to deal with issues that require a whole-cluster perspective.
>>>

>> ++1
>
> +1

Josh, what do you think of the upthread idea of being able to recover in-progress transactions that are waiting when we
turnoff sync rep? I'm thinking that would be a very good feature to have... and it's not something you can easily do
externally.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net