Re: plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/8/13 11:24 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>      > #option check_on_first_start
>      > #option check_on_create
>      > #option check_newer
>
>     what exactly check_newer means, does it mean whenever a function is
>     replaced (changed)?
>

> no, it means, so request for check will be ignored ever - some functions cannot be deeply checked due using dynamic
SQLor dynamic created data types - temporary tables created in functions.

So presumably it would be check_never, not check_newer... :) BTW, it's not terribly hard to work around the temp table
issue;you just need to create the expected table in the session when you create the function. But even in this case, I
thinkit would still be good to check what we can, like at least basic plpgsql syntax.

Do we really need first_start? ISTM that if you're dependent on run state then you're basically out of luck.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Extra functionality to createuser
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good