Re: plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3
Дата
Re: plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3
Список pgsql-hackers

2013/12/9 Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/12/8 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
>>
>> In my opinion, the idea of having a separate lint checker for a language
>> is antiquated.  If there are problems, they should be diagnosed at
>> compile time or run time.  You can add options about warning levels or
>> strictness if there are concerns about which diagnostics are
>> appropriate.
>

> There are two points, that should be solved
>
> a) introduction a dependency to other object in schema - now CREATE FUNCTION
> is fully independent on others
>
> b) slow start - if we check all paths on start, then start can be slower -
> and some functions should not work due dependency on temporary tables.
>
> I am thinking about possible marking a function by #option (we have same
> idea)
>
> some like
>
> #option check_on_first_start
> #option check_on_create
> #option check_newer

what exactly check_newer means, does it mean whenever a function is
replaced (changed)?

no, it means, so request for check will be ignored ever - some functions cannot be deeply checked due using dynamic SQL or dynamic created data types - temporary tables created in functions.

Regards

Pavel

> But still I have no idea, how to push check without possible slowdown
> execution with code duplication

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.