Re: Remaining 'needs review' patchs in July commitfest

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remaining 'needs review' patchs in July commitfest
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:22 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> On 07/28/2015 11:01 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Do we want to have this in src/test/modules or src/bin/pg_dump/t?

>> Are we testing pg_dump here, or are we testing extensions?  If the
>> former, src/bin/pg_dump/t seems best.

> All the tests are using pg_dump, but it is testing dumpable tables in
> an extension. At this point I am not sure which one is better honestly
> X/.

ISTM we're testing pg_dump, but I don't especially want to clutter
the pg_dump directory with the code for a dummy extension, so I'd
vote for putting the extension code under src/test/modules.
(Or you could hide it inside src/bin/pg_dump/t/, but that seems
pretty weird too.)

In the end though, this is the sort of thing we generally leave to the
discretion of the responsible committer.  I won't whinge too hard
about whatever the decision is ...