Re: Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 9/23/2013 5:27 PM, saisantoshi wrote:
> Not sure what the client_encoding and server_encoding does here?

the server encoding gives the character encoding that the data is stored
in.  the client encoding specifies the encoding used for user
input/output, so user data in SQL commands will be converted from
client_encoding to server_encoding when its written, and coverted back
to the current client_encoding when read.

if you're running psql in a windows command shell, try setting the
client_encoding to DOS437 or CP437 (I'm not sure what the correct
notation is for this) and do your SELECT ...

Java itself uses UCS2/UTF16 internally, so I don't know what the right
way of displaying text from a java program, it proably depends on
whether you're displaying it on a text mode "DOS" window, or in a GUI
window, or on a html page.

Сообщение: Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character
Сообщение: Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character