Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character

От saisantoshi
Тема Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Here is what I get:

testdb=> set client_encoding='DOS437';
ERROR:  invalid value for parameter "client_encoding": "DOS437"
testdb=> set client_encoding='CP437';
ERROR:  invalid value for parameter "client_encoding": "CP437"

The other question I have is if I am setting the
server_encoding/client_encodng to UTF8, then saving the £ character into DB
should save £ and be able to see the same in the table. I am still not clear
as to why it gets gibbersh characters... its much confusing as to believe if
it saved the right characters. Not sure what's missing peice here??