RE: [JDBC] Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character

От Hudson, Derrick
Тема RE: [JDBC] Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
How do you determine that you "get gibberish characters"?  Are you printing the string, or inspecting the individual
charactersin memory using a debugger?  The gibberish is probably the result of the way the text is displayed, not a
problemwith the database or the JDBC.  You need to correctly encode the string as bytes before sending it to
System.out. "correctly" depends on the encoding expected by your terminal (cmd.exe, the console of an IDE, etc.).

This answer on StackOverflow should be helpful;  it is equally applicable to the original question of JSON as it is to
yourquestion of JDBC.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11868022/unicode-characters-appearing-as-question-marks-in-java-json-parsing/11868911#11868911