Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character

От saisantoshi
Тема Re: Reading £ character from DB is displaying œ character
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
OK... I tried saving the  £ symbol into DB via java program as supposed to
psql command line and it works fine in saving/retreiving from DB ( via java
program)

But the issue here is, when I run the sql commands, it does not show me the
£ symbol in the returned query.. (some gibberish character) May be because
DOS prompt default CP is 437. Not sure what do I need to do in order to see
the  £  symbol in the returned result set in running the queries or vewing
the data in the database.

testdb=> show server_encoding;
 server_encoding
-----------------
 UTF8
(1 row)

testdb=> set client_encoding = 'UTF8';
SET

testdb=> \encoding
UTF8

Select text from test;

*Get £500*   // Actual    ( Expected *Get £500* )

Not sure what the client_encoding and server_encoding does here?

Thanks,
Sai