Re: Incorrect response code after XA recovery

От Tom Jenkinson
Тема Re: Incorrect response code after XA recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

On Mon 29 Jul 2013 15:46:12 BST, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@redhat.com> writes:
>> A little bit of information in the linked bugzilla report is that the
>> exception being returned has an XA error code of XAER_RMERR "An error
>> occurred in rolling back the transaction branch. The resource manager is
>> free to forget about the branch when returning this error so long as all
>> accessing threads of control have been notified of the branch’s state."
>
>> That does not sound right to me, wouldn't XAER_NOTA "The specified XID
>> is not known by the resource manager" be more accurate?
>
> No idea, but in any case that's outside Postgres' purview.  It's barely
> possible that the Postgres JDBC driver has something to do with that,
> but it sounds more like the XA manager's turf.

I am not sure what you mean here as I don't know the structure of how
the PostGres project is packaged, all I know is that the PostGres JDBC
driver component appears to be returning an XAException with the
message "Error rolling back prepared transaction" and an errorCode of
XAException.XAER_RMERR rather than XAER_NOTA.

Is there a different component within your bug tracking system  we
should be using to raise this against the JDBC driver instead?

Thanks,
Tom