Re: [BUGS] Incorrect response code after XA recovery

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: [BUGS] Incorrect response code after XA recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 29, 2013, at 16:57, Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> On Mon 29 Jul 2013 15:46:12 BST, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@redhat.com> writes:
>>> A little bit of information in the linked bugzilla report is that the
>>> exception being returned has an XA error code of XAER_RMERR "An error
>>> occurred in rolling back the transaction branch. The resource manager is
>>> free to forget about the branch when returning this error so long as all
>>> accessing threads of control have been notified of the branch’s state."
>>
>>> That does not sound right to me, wouldn't XAER_NOTA "The specified XID
>>> is not known by the resource manager" be more accurate?
>>
>> No idea, but in any case that's outside Postgres' purview.  It's barely
>> possible that the Postgres JDBC driver has something to do with that,
>> but it sounds more like the XA manager's turf.
>
> I am not sure what you mean here as I don't know the structure of how the PostGres project is packaged, all I know is
thatthe PostGres JDBC driver component appears to be returning an XAException with the message "Error rolling back
preparedtransaction" and an errorCode of XAException.XAER_RMERR rather than XAER_NOTA.

Looking at the error codes, it appears that it isn't even the Postgres JDBC driver returning that error, but the XA
manageryou're using, which is not a part of Postgres (nor is the JDBC driver, for that matter - that's a separate
project).

The errors you're quoting are from the XA manager and are about XA manager stuff. For all we know, the actual error
appearsto be occuring in the XA manager and not in Postgres. It's possible that the XA manager error is a result of an
errorthat Postgres returned, but since the XA manager prints its own error message and not the original one, you'll
needto uncover those error messages before we can help you with them.

For all we know at this point, the error is with your XA manager, not with Postgres.

If you want to be sure, grep the source of the JDBC driver for those error codes; I doubt you'll find them in there.
Google was kind enough to point me here: http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/git.html

Alban Hertroys

От: Tom Jenkinson
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Incorrect response code after XA recovery
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] maintenance_work_mem and CREATE INDEX time