Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List
Дата
Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List  (Cédric Villemain <cedric@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

Clearly I ticked off a bunch of people by publishing "the list".  On the
other hand, in the 5 days succeeding the post, more than a dozen
additional people signed up to review patches, and we got some of the
"ready for committer" patches cleared out -- something which nothing
else I did, including dozens of private emails, general pleas to this
mailing list, mails to the RRReviewers list, served to accomplish, in
this or previous CFs.

So, as an experiment, call it a mixed result.  I would like to have some
other way to motivate reviewers than public shame.  I'd like to have
some positive motivations for reviewers, such as public recognition by
our project and respect from hackers, but I'm doubting that those are
actually going to happen, given the feedback I've gotten on this list to
the idea.

I do think I succeeded in calling attention to the fact that this
project has slid into a rut of letting a handful of people do 90% of the
reviewing, resulting in CFs which last forever and some very frustrated
major contributors.  That part shouldn't be necessary again for some
time, hopefully.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.