Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 09:42:43PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Clearly I ticked off a bunch of people by publishing "the list".  On the
> other hand, in the 5 days succeeding the post, more than a dozen
> additional people signed up to review patches, and we got some of the
> "ready for committer" patches cleared out -- something which nothing
> else I did, including dozens of private emails, general pleas to this
> mailing list, mails to the RRReviewers list, served to accomplish, in
> this or previous CFs.

So your saying the end justifies the means? I beg to disagree.

> So, as an experiment, call it a mixed result.  I would like to have some
> other way to motivate reviewers than public shame.  I'd like to have

Doesn't shame imply that people knew that were supposed to review patches in
the first place? An implication that is not true, at least for some on your
list. I think I better not bring up the word I would describe your email with,
just for the fear of mistranslating it.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes