Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Clearly I ticked off a bunch of people by publishing "the list".  On the
> other hand, in the 5 days succeeding the post, more than a dozen
> additional people signed up to review patches, and we got some of the
> "ready for committer" patches cleared out -- something which nothing
> else I did, including dozens of private emails, general pleas to this
> mailing list, mails to the RRReviewers list, served to accomplish, in
> this or previous CFs.

Others rules appeared, like the 5 days limit.
To me it outlines that some are abusing the CF app and pushing there useless
patches (not still ready or complete, WIP, ...)

> So, as an experiment, call it a mixed result.  I would like to have some
> other way to motivate reviewers than public shame.  I'd like to have
> some positive motivations for reviewers, such as public recognition by
> our project and respect from hackers, but I'm doubting that those are
> actually going to happen, given the feedback I've gotten on this list to
> the idea.

You're looking at a short term, big effect.
And long term ? Will people listed still be interested to participate in a
project which stamps people ?

With or without review, it's a shame if people stop proposing patches because
they are not sure to get time to review other things *in time*.
--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/