Re: Hard limit on WAL space used (because PANIC sucks)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Hard limit on WAL space used (because PANIC sucks)
Дата
Re: Hard limit on WAL space used (because PANIC sucks)  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/08/2013 07:36 AM, MauMau wrote:

> 1. If the machine or postgres crashes while archive_command is copying a
> WAL file, later archive recovery fails.
> This is because cp leaves a file of less than 16MB in archive area, and
> postgres refuses to start when it finds such a small archive WAL file.
> The solution, which IIRC Tomas san told me here, is to do like "cp %p
> /archive/dir/%f.tmp && mv /archive/dir/%f.tmp /archive/dir/%f".

Well it seems to me that one of the problems here is we tell people to
use copy. We should be telling people to use a command (or supply a
command) that is smarter than that.

> 3. You cannot know the reason of archive_command failure (e.g. archive
> area full) if you don't use PostgreSQL's server logging.
> This is because archive_command failure is not logged in syslog/eventlog.

Wait, what? Is this true (someone else?)

JD

Сообщение: Re: Hard limit on WAL space used (because PANIC sucks)
Сообщение: Re: Hard limit on WAL space used (because PANIC sucks)