Re: 8.3 GSS Issues

От Henry B. Hotz
Тема Re: 8.3 GSS Issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 25, 2007, at 10:22 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 04:51:04PM -0700, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>>> There's no way to specify the gssapi library to use.  I have
>>> three on
>>> my main development Sun:  MIT, Sun, and Heimdal.  I might have more
>>> than one version of one of those three at some times.  Of course
>>> there's no way to specify which kerberos 5 library or openssl
>>> library
>>> you want either, so consider this a feature request for future
>>> development.
>
>> Yeah, that's something that can be done for 8.4, certainly not
>> something we
>> can put in now. But I'll be happy to see a patch once we open the
>> tree for
>> 8.4 :-)
>
> Isn't this something you do by specifying include and link search
> paths
> to configure?  The above argument could be made for *any* library we
> use, and I surely do not want to put a single-purpose switch for each
> library into configure.

All the other OS packages I've looked at seem to support a per-
support-option specification of the relevant installation to use for
that support.  I expect that's a pain to implement, but it's what I
(and presumably other people) expect.

As I said this is a request for the future.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Extract catalog info for error reporting before an error actually
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Extract catalog info for error reporting before an error actually