Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Extract catalog info for error reporting before an error actually

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Extract catalog info for error reporting before an error actually
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Michael Paesold wrote:
>> Yeah, I thought we had agreed that we must cancel all auto vacuum/analyzes,
>> on the ground that foreground operations are usually more important than
>> maintenance tasks.

> What this means is that autovacuum will be starved a lot of the time,

Not really, because DDL changes aren't *that* common (at least not for
non-temp tables).  I think the consensus was that we should cancel
autovac in these cases unless it is an anti-wraparound vacuum.  Isn't
that why you were putting in the flag to show it is for wraparound?