Running Postgresql 7.4.2 on Windows 2000 with Cygwin !

От JC Jan Christensen
Тема Running Postgresql 7.4.2 on Windows 2000 with Cygwin !
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

 Running Postgresql 7.4.2 on Windows 2000 with Cygwin !

 Dear Sirs

 I have installed Cygwin (version 1.5.9-1) on my computer
 (a K6-2 500Mhz with 256Mb RAM).

 I have downloaded the file postgresql-7.4.2.tar.gz
 and unpacked it and run the following commands:

         ./configure
         make
         make install

 I have created an environment-variable called
 CYGWIN and have set the value to server

 I have made a shell-script that contains the
 following line:

    /usr/sbin/cygserver

 I run this shell-script in a seperate DOS-box.

 I have made a shell-script that contains the
 following lines:

    initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
    postmaster -i -n -d 2 -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

 When I run this shell-script I get the following
 error-message from initdb :

  FATAL: could not create shared memory
         segment: Function not implemented
  DETAIL: Failed system call was
          shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600)
  initdb: failed

 What is wrong here ???????????
 How can I solve this problem ????????????

 My E-mail-address is: jan.christensen@riva-systems.dk

 I hope to hear from you.

 Best regards

 Jan Christensen