Re: Running Postgresql 7.4.2 on Windows 2000 with Cygwin !

От Corey Edwards
Тема Re: Running Postgresql 7.4.2 on Windows 2000 with Cygwin !
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 02:03, JC Jan Christensen wrote:
>  I have made a shell-script that contains the
>  following lines:
>
>     initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>     postmaster -i -n -d 2 -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>
>  When I run this shell-script I get the following
>  error-message from initdb :
>
>   FATAL: could not create shared memory
>          segment: Function not implemented
>   DETAIL: Failed system call was
>           shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600)
>   initdb: failed
>
>  What is wrong here ???????????
>  How can I solve this problem ????????????

You need to run the ipc-daemon in order to initdb or start the database.
Please see the FAQ.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/text/FAQ_MSWIN

Also consider using the cygwin postgresql package. Detailed instructions
for installing from the package can be found here:

http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.4.README

Corey