Re: Add support for logging the current role

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add support for logging the current role
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> In short, add a bit of overhead at SetUserId time in order to make this
>> cheap (and accurate) in elog.c.

> As Stephen says, I think this is utterly impractical; those routines
> can't ever throw any kind of error.

Why would they need to throw an error?  It'd be on the caller's head to
supply the role name along with OID.  We can keep the name in a static
buffer of size NAMEDATALEN, so don't tell me about palloc failures
either.

The logging design as it stands seems to me to be a Rube Goldberg device
that is probably going to have corner-case bugs quite aside from its
possible performance issues.