Re: About the performance of startup after dropping many tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: About the performance of startup after dropping many tables
Дата
Re: About the performance of startup after dropping many tables  (Gan Jiadong <ganjd@huawei.com>)
Re: About the performance of startup after dropping many tables  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Gan Jiadong <ganjd@huawei.com> writes:
> we have PG 8.3.13 in our system. When running performance cases, we find the
> startup recovery cost about 3 minutes. It is too long in our system.

Maybe you should rethink the assumption that dropping 40000 tables is a
cheap operation.  Why do you have that many in the first place, let
alone that many that you drop and recreate frequently?  Almost
certainly, you need a better-conceived schema.