pg_dump with postgis extension dumps rules separately

От Joe Conway
Тема pg_dump with postgis extension dumps rules separately
Дата
Re: pg_dump with postgis extension dumps rules separately  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
If I create a database and install postgis as an extension, and then run
pg_dump I get this:

[...]
CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS postgis WITH SCHEMA public;
[...]
CREATE RULE geometry_columns_delete AS ON DELETE TO geometry_columns DO
INSTEAD NOTHING;
[...]

Shouldn't that CREATE RULE be implicitly part of the CREATE EXTENSION?

If so, is this a pg_dump bug, PostGIS bug, or pilot error?

FWIW I see CREATE OR REPLACE RULE statements in the PostGIS extension
SQL script.

Thanks,

Joe

--