executeUpdate API contract. Return value equals 0.

От Jeremy Whiting
Тема executeUpdate API contract. Return value equals 0.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,
 I have seen there have been conversations about the returned value from
executeUpdate when using partitioned tables. This thread places the
issue in the postgres-server court:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/013901c5fad9$1c18c600$ca78a8c0@yawin.yesasia.com

 and another coversation on the pgsql-bugs mailing list that seems to
bat the problem back at the pgjdbc driver :)

 I have written a test case for the driver and made it available on
GitHub. It is compatible with the current testsuit. It is there for you
to consider it's merits and use it if considered useful. I would like to
think it gives this issue visibility.

https://github.com/whitingjr/pgjdbc/tree/partitioned_table_test

 Is the best way to progress this issue is to raise it again on
pgsql-bugs list ?

Regards,
Jeremy

--
Jeremy Whiting
Senior Software Engineer, Middleware Performance Team

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, 64 Baker Street, 4th Floor, London. W1U 7DF. United Kingdom.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 03798903. Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Mark
Hegarty(Ireland), Matt Parson (USA), Charlie Peters (USA)