Re: [GENERAL] can't access through SSL

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] can't access through SSL
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
1) Postgres-XC != Postgres. It shares a code base but adds more moving parts. Along that line, you will need to be more specific about how you have setup Postgres-XC and exactly which part is failing? I for one do not use it, so I am not really sure what datanodes, coordinator and gmt signify. On a related note XC has its own mailing list(https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/postgres-xc-general), it may turn out there are people there that can answer the question sooner.
Adrian is right, pgsql-general is not the place where to discuss about bugs or problems of settings regarding Postgres-XC, so please send your requests to the ML indicated by Adrian so as to allow the developers there (including me, being an active member of the XC community) solving your problem.

2) JDBC. It would seem from this thread and the other that covered this topic that JDBC is not really the issue. To make your life simpler I would test your setup using psql until you get it running properly, then pull in JDBC to see if it adds any problems. Also, it is generally considered not good protocol to cross post the same issue to different lists.
I think honestly that the problem is not JDBC itself, but the way the nodes in an XC cluster interact...

3) Simple with more detail is better. Create a minimum use case and then provide maximum detail of how it was set up and run. For instance:

a) What are the versions of the software?
b) Where is the client being run from?
c) Where is the server?
d) How are both setup?
e) What is being done between the client and the server?
f) What do you expect to happen?
g) What is actually happening?
i) The actual error message(s)?
Yes, answering those questions on the XC mailing list would be better when you report your problem there.
What is the node type where error happens?
Have you setup the SSL certificates on all the nodes?
Or anything that would help resolving what you see.
Does the error happen when connecting directly to a Datanode?
--
Michael