Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10888391/link-fatal-error-lnk1123-failure-during-conversion-to-coff-file-invalid-or-c
> FYI, you can properly fix this without uninstalling anything, giving
> you a system with a working VS 2012 as well as working SDK 7.1 / VS
> 2010 SP1 32-bit and 64-bit compilers.
>
> Install the tools in the following order:
>
> * VS Express 2010:
> http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/visual-studio-2010-express
> * Windows SDK 7.1
> * VS 2010 SP1:
> http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=23691
> * VS 2010 SP1 Compiler Update:
> http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=4422
> * VS Express 2012
>
> Note that SDK 7.1 and VS 2010 will fail to install if you have a newer
> version of the Visual c++ 2010 runtime installed. Newer programs often
> install this for you. As a workaround, you must uninstall the newer
> runtime, install Visual Studio, the SDK, and service pack, then
> reinstall the newer runtime to get the programs that require it to
> work again.
>
> I've written more about both of these in the TROUBLESHOOTING section
> of https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/pg_build_win/blob/master/README.md

That's useful information, which should perhaps be put somewhere more
obvious for people to find, like the wiki.

I realise you're doing a lot of stuff, but you seem to be ahead of just
about everyone (including me and I suspect Magnus) on this, so maybe you
could take a peek at this patch?

cheers

andrew