Re: Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 01/21/2013 02:17 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>

>> On Jan 21, 2013 3:06 AM, "Craig Ringer" <craig@2ndquadrant.com
>> <mailto:craig@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:

>> > I'm not suggesting immediately dropping working support, since this is
>> > so trivially worked around. I'm just wondering why anybody cares about
>> > the platform.
>>
>> I have suggested similar before, and been voted down :) iirc Andrew uses
>> it, no? Either way, the consensus earlier had been that as long as it
>> doesn't require major surgery or blocks something else, we should try to
>> keep it working. And as you say this sounds like something that can be
>> handled trivially, I think now is not the time.
>>

> No, I only use the client. But then I support plenty of things I don't use.

Oh, I somehow thought you were. And yes, we all support things we
don't use - but it certainly helps if there is *someone* out there who
uses it. Having a buildfarm animal (which we do) only goes so far...

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/