Re: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Дата
Re: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/3/13 3:26 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> It's true, as we've often
> said here, that leveraging the OS facilities means that we get the
> benefit of improving OS facilities "for free" - but it also means that
> we never exceed what the OS facilities are able to provide.

And that should be the deciding factor, shouldn't it?  Clearly, the OS
timestamps do not satisfy the requirements of tracking database object
creation times.