Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Дата
Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/28/2012 03:14 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I agree that what I was suggesting would be possible to implement with
> event triggers, but I see that as a rather advanced feature that most
> users aren't going to understand or implement. At the same time, those
> more novice users are likely to be looking for this kind of
> information- being told "oh, well, you *could* have been collecting it
> all along if you knew about event triggers" isn't a particularly
> satisfying answer. That's my 2c on it. I agree that having the example
> in the docs would be nice- examples are always good things to include.
If what you want is something close to current unix file time semantics
(ctime, mtime, atime) then why not just create a function to look up
these attributes on database directory and/or database files ?

Hannu

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"