Re: json accessors

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: json accessors
Дата
Re: json accessors
Список pgsql-hackers
>> *) xmlpath/jsonpath do searching (and decomposition) but are very
>> clunky from sql perspective and probably absolutely nogo in terms if
>> GIST/GIN.  postgres spiritually wants to do things via operators and
>> we should (if possible) at least consider that first

Why is it a nogo for GiST?  Ltree works, doesn't it?  If we only support
equality lookups in what way is a JSON doc different from a collection
of ltree rows?

We'd probably want to use SP-GiST for better index size/performance, but
I don't see that this is impossible.  Just some difficult code.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.