Re: json accessors

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: json accessors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>>> *) xmlpath/jsonpath do searching (and decomposition) but are very
>>> clunky from sql perspective and probably absolutely nogo in terms if
>>> GIST/GIN.  postgres spiritually wants to do things via operators and
>>> we should (if possible) at least consider that first
>
> Why is it a nogo for GiST?  Ltree works, doesn't it?  If we only support
> equality lookups in what way is a JSON doc different from a collection
> of ltree rows?
>
> We'd probably want to use SP-GiST for better index size/performance, but
> I don't see that this is impossible.  Just some difficult code.

huh -- good point.   xpath at least is quite complicated and likely
impractical (albeit not impossible) to marry with GIST in a meaningful
way.   jsonpath (at least AIUI from here:
http://code.google.com/p/json-path/) seems to be lighter weight as is
all things json when stacked up against xml.

merlin