Re: Fwd: Monitoring Replication on Master/Slave Postgres(9.1)

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Fwd: Monitoring Replication on Master/Slave Postgres(9.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 11/28/2012 11:24 AM, Shams Khan wrote:
> Thanks for the response Steve...It was really helpful:
>
> Below are some doubts I wanted to clarify..please read and suggest.
> Can we also check if replication was broken earlier...somehow due to
> power failure of some other reasons in past...The reason I am asking
> is I am getting some discrepancies in data between master and
> slave...? I want to know the reason of it...

What sort of discrepancies? I am unaware of situations in a properly
configured and functioning system where the standby could be anything
other than lagging the master but I didn't dig through release notes to
see if there were any related bugs.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: DBA user in Postgres
От: "Andrew W. Gibbs"
Сообщение: base backup requirements for PITR