Re: Fwd: Monitoring Replication on Master/Slave Postgres(9.1)

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Fwd: Monitoring Replication on Master/Slave Postgres(9.1)
Дата
Re: Fwd: Monitoring Replication on Master/Slave Postgres(9.1)
Список pgsql-admin
On 11/28/2012 10:21 AM, Shams Khan wrote:
> ...how do we ensure my replication is working fine?...

Below is the core of one of my bash-script tools. It could use some
tweaking (comments welcome) but works well. The script is run every
minute by cron on master and standby servers. It auto-determines whether
the server is currently a master or standby so the same script can be
deployed to all servers.

If a master-server, it updates a one-record test table with a current
timestamp to ensure there is activity on the master.

If a standby-server, it determines the lag based both on the age of
pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp() and on the age of the record in the test
table then returns the worst of the two.

The delay value is set in $standby_delay which is a value in seconds.
It's up to you to decide what constitutes an issue that requires
attention (but remember that 60-seconds does not necessarily indicate a
problem on an idle server). My first-level alert triggers at 130-seconds
and I have never hit that much of a delay.

#!/bin/bash
#
# Check PostgreSQL sync-status
#
# Requires table "sync_status" with column "sync_time" of type timestamp
with time zone

# We need a temp file
tempquery="$(mktemp /tmp/monitor_db_synchronizationXXXXXXXXXX)"

# If master, update sync_status timestamp and return 0. If standby,
check both age
# of log-replay location and of timestamp in sync_status table and set
$standby_delay
# to the greater of the two (in seconds)
#
standby_delay=$(
psql -q --tuples-only --no-align 2>/dev/null <<EOS
\o ${tempquery}
select
case when setting='on' then
'
with logdelay as
     (
     select
     case when
pg_last_xlog_receive_location()=pg_last_xlog_replay_location() then 0::int
     else
         (extract(epoch from now())-extract(epoch from
pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp()))::int
     end as replicadelay
     union
     select
         (extract(epoch from now())-extract(epoch from sync_time))::int
as replicadelay
     from
         sync_status
     )
select
     max(replicadelay)
from
     logdelay
;
'
else
'
begin;
delete from sync_status;
insert into sync_status (sync_time) values (now()) returning 0::int as
replicadelay;
commit;
'
end
from pg_settings where name='transaction_read_only';
\o
\i ${tempquery}
EOS
)

# Cleanup temp file
test -f "${tempquery}" && rm "${tempquery}"

# Do some alert based on the number of seconds of lag between master and
standby here

Cheers,
Steve