Re: too many users for postgresql? :)

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: too many users for postgresql? :)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 11:46 PM 1/26/03 -0600, will trillich wrote:

>so there i was, minding my own business, browsing around, and at
>the postgresql.org site today i got--
>
>         Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL
>         server: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already in
>         /usr/local/www/www.postgresql.org/idocs/opendb.php on line 3
>         Unable to access database
>
>1) that speaks well for the future of postgresql because there
>are enough people interested and browsing that they overran the
>current parameters. probably not hard to fix the postgresql end
>on this.

As there's no robots.txt file, ( http://www.postgresql.org/robots.txt =>
404) it could just be a spider/crawler (e.g. google) hitting the site with
many connections at once.

If that is an issue, I would suggest letting google et all, spider the
static docs, and disallowing them from the dynamic idocs. However this
would mean useful suggestions in the idocs won't turn up in google etc.

Link.