Re: too many users for postgresql? :)

От will trillich
Тема Re: too many users for postgresql? :)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:03:28PM +0800, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
> At 11:46 PM 1/26/03 -0600, will trillich wrote:
> >        Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL
> >        server: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already in
> >        /usr/local/www/www.postgresql.org/idocs/opendb.php on line 3
> >        Unable to access database

> As there's no robots.txt file, (
> http://www.postgresql.org/robots.txt => 404) it could just be
> a spider/crawler (e.g. google) hitting the site with many
> connections at once.

good point. the webmaster(s) can check their logs to see what it
was that spiked it yesterday.

> If that is an issue, I would suggest letting google et all,
> spider the static docs, and disallowing them from the dynamic
> idocs. However this would mean useful suggestions in the idocs
> won't turn up in google etc.

maybe have a different "driver" return idocs for known spiders
(base content-spewed on user-agent); there's gotta be a way to
have both search-engine-able idocs and enough connections to
keep it open for the human browsers...

--
There are 10 kinds of people:
ones that get binary, and ones that don't.

will@serensoft.com

Looking for a firewall? Do you think smoothwall sucks? You're
probably right... Try the folks at http://clarkconnect.org/ !