Re: interfacing ms-access with postgresql?

От Stefan Huber
Тема Re: interfacing ms-access with postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>     I'd like to interface ms-access 2000 with postgresql 7.1.1. What my
>objective is is to create a database in access, then upload it on to a web
>server, and via an interactive form and postgresql have various data
>returned, or to enter new data from the web site. Is this possible?
>Thanks.

Get the latest ODBC driver for Windows (should be on your local mirror in
~/pub/odbc/versions, for example
ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/db/www.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/ , which is
my closest one )
The create a connection to your "webdatabase" using a system DSN and stream
your data through it by connecting to the tables in Access and creating
updatequeries.
Of course, you must be able to connect to the PostgreSQL Port on the remote
machie, otherwise, it might become quite tricky.

HTH,
Stefan

--
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.